* SOLD with multiple offers in 5 days for $1,120,000 * Historic Dupont Circle Townhouse with Rental Unit
Welcome to this 1885 historic townhouse with stucco and Spanish tile façade in the heart of NW Washington, set far back from the road with secured covered parking for one car. The interior has been carefully updated to include classic Mediterranean architectural touches while retaining its original detailing. Eastern and western exposures provide beautiful morning and evening light, which you can enjoy from the numerous tall windows, the beautiful front garden with flowering cherry tree, or the wonderful rear deck with built-in seating.
The main house offers two bedrooms and one-and-a-half baths, chef’s kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry and stainless steel appliances, and beautiful open formal rooms with a wood-burning fireplace and period details. The lower level has been converted into a legal rental unit with Certificate of Occupancy and front and rear entrances.
This prime location on 16th Street is steps to bus lines and only a few blocks from the Green and Yellow Line Metro lines (U Street), the Red Line Metro (Dupont Circle), downtown Washington DC, and the popular restaurants and shopping of the U Street and 14th Street corridors, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, and Logan Circle.
- MLS#: DC9900937
- Address: 1908 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Lot: 5 Square: 0177
- Tax ID: 0177/N/0005
- Year Built: 1885
- Soil Type: Urban Land-Sassafras-Chillum
- Legal Subdivision: Old City #2
- Advertised Subdivision: Dupont
- Taxes: $8,313 (estimate based on 2017 tax assessment with $71,700 homestead exemption)
- Chef’s kitchen with Silestone counters, stainless steel appliances and heated floor
- Formal living and dining rooms
- Spacious master bedroom
- 2 bedrooms and 1½ bathrooms plus
- 1-bedroom, 1 bath lower level apartment with C of O
- Large front garden
- Covered parking with automatic garage door
- Sunny rear deck with bench seating
- Private upstairs Juliet balcony
- Hardwood floors
- Exposed brick
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Two washers and dryers
- Fabulous location near Metro, shops and restaurants
For the virtual tour, click here.
Contact us at (202) -1340 or email@example.com for questions or to arrange a showing.